Bigfoot is real. He’s out there, man. In Remer, Minnesota, to be specific. The founder of Remer spotted some tracks in the early 1900s, which he believed were made by Bigfoot. After that, there were several sightings all around the area for many years. You can read all about Remer’s Bigfoot history here. (Seriously. Go do that. It’s really interesting!)
There are several activities planned for Saturday, July 8 in Remer.
- Breakfast will be pancakes from 8-11am
- For all of you runners, there’s a Bigfoot 5k at 9:30am
- There will be a bouncy house and games for kids starting at 10am
- At 2:30pm, the MN Bigfoot Research Team will be holding a Town Hall-type meeting, complete with storytelling
- Don’t miss the Bigfoot BBQ contest at 3!
- Kids Bigfoot Calling Contest starts at 4pm
- And for the grown ups, at 10pm, there’s a Bigfoot Calling Contest for you!
At 12pm, hundreds of ATV riders will be departing from Remer, on the 1st Annual Cancer Sucks ATV ride. As a cancer survivor (he completed 3 years of chemo for leukemia in January), my brother signed up and will ride for cancer awareness.
Here’s a shot of Bigfoot that I took last summer, near Thunder Lake 🙂