I have several things I want to accomplish in 2017. Most are writing-related, surprisingly. I’ve always had stories in my head, but these past few months, I’ve been really trying to get them down on paper (or into Microsoft Word).
I put the goals into my PowerSheets Goal Planner (not an ad – seriously). I’ve been using PowerSheets for a few years, and I love organizing, list-making and writing things down. PowerSheets make it easy for me to break my goals down step-by-step. (I bought the six-month goal workbook, and I plan on doing two months at a time. I will spring for the one-year in 2018, like I did last year.) I listed all the things I’m using for 2017 here.
- write first draft of children’s book #kidlit
- writing something every day (pick a word count and stick to it)
- participate in Camp NaNo (April + July)
- first drafts of 2 ebooks
- finish first draft of NaNo 2016 novel
- post on this blog (BHB) 1-2x/wk (drafts and photos from archives)
- post on IBDS 1x/wk
- draft 30 posts for IBDS (due August)
- draft 30 posts for BHB (due August)
- get professional help for my depression and anxiety
- get to the bottom of my skin disease (in progress…appt on Jan 9)
- exercise daily (stairs or youtube videos, or both)
- drink water – lots
- no coffee/soda – break caffeine habit. It makes me feel icky anyway.
- analog weekends (1x/mo) (no tech)
- No-Spend month – Contentment Challenge
- use my PowerSheets and IWP daily
- homeschooling during school breaks – including summer
- researching and planning summer homeschooling
- purge house and storage unit (clean out and close SU by June???)
- take better care of myself and my family (eat better, shop better, save money)
cancel all photography forum memberships
I chose Courageous as my One Little Word for 2017. You would think I would have picked this word for 2016, because of all the moving, and new experiences and everything else, but honestly, I can’t even remember my word for 2016. I stopped thinking about it a month or two into the new year.
I’ve been thinking of Courageous for months. Every time I hear the Casting Crowns song (1st track), I remember why I chose that word and all that I will accomplish/experience in 2017 because of it. I’ll be posting more about my goals later this month.
Will any of these things get accomplished? I don’t know. But I do know I’m tired of just surviving my day, surfing the net, bingeing on TV shows and just being a lazy person. My kids deserve better and I deserve better.
Do you set goals? If you do, what are they?